Paddle Trips for 2013
Get Out On the River with CRK!
We all know that paddling is great exercise, can be relaxing, and provides a sense of adventure. And as with our cleanups, we’ve found that paddling also develops a sense of “river community,” helps us identify negative impacts to the river and educates our participants about the value of watersheds for recreation and wildlife habitat. But when it comes down to the essential reason why people paddle … it’s FUN! Check out our 2013 trips below and make plans to join us!
2013 CRK/CRNRA RIVER DISCOVERY TRIPS
Enjoy any or all of these ranger-led paddle trips within the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. These trips are in partnership with the National Park Service.
• June 29, 2013 – Buford Dam to McGinnis Ferry
• July 13, 2013 – Jones Bridge to Island Ford
• August 17, 2013 – Morgan Falls to Paces Mill (SUNSET PADDLE)
2013 CAMPING AND PADDLING TRIPS
CRK’s camp and paddle trips have become a favorite within our paddling community. Be sure to mark your calendar and enjoy two nights of camping and two days of paddling in some of the most gorgeous sections of the Chattahoochee.
• July 6-7, 2013 – Headwaters Water Trail Camp and Paddle Trip: Sautee to Mossy Creek (rescheduled from April 27-28)
• October 12-13, 2013 – McIntosh Reserve Camping and Paddling Trip: McIntosh Reserve to Franklin, GA
2013 PADDLE CLEANUPS
The cleanups below are annual events, but check back frequently as we will add paddle cleanups throughout the year.
• April 13, 2013 – Paddle Cleanup – component of the Sweep the Hooch Multi-Site Cleanup
• June 8, 2013 – Clean the Race Course (in preparation for the River Race & Festival)
• August 10, 2013 – CRK and Trout Unlimited Paddle Cleanup
- Fees: One-day paddle trips – $35 per boat (solo or tandem); two-day camping and paddling trips - $75 per boat (solo or tandem). There is no charge to participate in a Paddle Cleanup.
- Participants receive a one-year individual CRK membership.
- Registration required. All paddle trips have a maximum capacity – we encourage you to register early to ensure participation.
- Details will be provided in your confirmation email after registration and specific trip details will be emailed to you one week prior to the trip date.
- Each participant is required to sign a CRK Liability Waiver. This may be submitted as an authorized as electronic signature during the registration process or print a copy and bring it with you. Click here to preview the CRK Liability Waiver.
- Boating equipment is not provided for any CRK paddle trip or cleanup. Click here for a list of local outfitters. These trips are intended for kayaks and canoes only – inflatable boats are not permitted. Personal flotation devices (or PFDs) must be worn on all CRK paddle trips.
- Shuttling is a group effort and typically we will meet around 9 a.m. at the put-in to unload all boats and shuttle to the take-out before we get on the river. Details will be emailed to you prior to the trip.
- Youth Age Requirements: If paddling solo, paddler must be at least 15 years old. If paddling tandem, youth must be at least 8 years of age and accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age.