Chattahoochee Riverkeeper accomplishes its goals by working collaboratively with a wide range of partners on advocacy and education programs. Since 1994, we have developed relationships with civic groups, nature centers, government agencies and businesses, as well as watershed organizations to protect the Chattahoochee River and other waterways in Georgia.
With the National Park Service and US Geological Survey, we operate the BacteriALERT Program, monitoring water quality in the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area for paddlers, boaters, anglers and other river users. Since 2000, we have partnered with Elachee Nature Science Center to operate the Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center, a floating classroom program offered to more than 3,000 students and teachers annually. Corporate partners, including SweetWater Brewery, Smith Gambrell & Russell, Coca-Cola Company, and RIOT Atlanta, have helped us with events, media work, legal support, and cleanups, in addition to providing financial assistance.
- Waterkeeper Alliance - the international center of a network of Waterkeeper programs.
- Georgia Water Coalition - a group of individuals and organizations working to ensure that the waters of the state continue to belong to the people of the state.
- Watershed and River Groups – Groups within and beyond our watershed working to protect their watersheds and rivers.
- Corporate Partners – Companies who are supporting CRK's work in a variety of ways.
- Government Partners – DNR Adopt-A-Stream, National Park Service, and the U.S. Geological Survey
If your company would like to learn how to become a CRK partner, please write us at email@example.com.