A non-sewage spill can be indicated by any unusual odors or unnatural discoloration of the water, such as oil spills, chemicals or hazardous waste.
What to do:
- Take pictures to document evidence if possible
- Without trespassing try to determine if there is any nearby discharges, pesticide applications, or pollutant leaks.
- Look for any accidental or intentional dumping of pollutants.
- Observe if recent heavy rain events may be responsible for transporting pollutants into the waterbody.
- Do not trespass!
Who to contact:
To report a non-sewage spill please contact the Georgia Environmental Protection Division at:
404-656-4300 (Metro Atlanta)
1-800-241-4113 (Statewide) 24-hour availability
* Provide your name and contact information, so that a DNR representative can call back for additional information.
If you cannot contact Georgia Environmental Protection Division, please contact the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's National Response Center at: